Me

Me

Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Tree Decorating!

Now that Thanksgiving is over, the Christmas season is officially here! Normally, I put my decorations and the tree out on Black Friday, but I had been wanting to do a big cleaning in the house first, so it took a little longer this year. But with December beginning on a Saturday, I figured it would be the perfect weekend to get everything started. Josh and I drove out to Winchester and had lunch at Cracker Barrel, then went to Hobby Lobby to look at the decorations. Although Josh was bored out of his mind, it ended up being totally worth it for him. Ever since we first bought our house and started putting up our own tree, we've been meaning to get a tree topper for the Christmas tree. But the top of the tree is kind of big, and no normal toppers ever fit. So Josh has been joking about getting a Yoda tree topper, but since I didn't think such a thing existed, I never paid much attention. But when I was browsing at Hobby Lobby, what do you know.... there was Yoda, 50% off and waiting for us to buy him! There was no way we could pass up that opportunity so we bought him lol. After we were done there, we stopped at Sweet Frog, our first time trying it, and it was delicious. I got chocolate and mint mixed together, with chocolate chips and crushed Andes mints on top. Amazing. When we got home, I started wrapping Christmas presents, which is probably my favorite part of Christmas. I love picking out presents for people, and I love seeing their faces when they open them. But by the time I had everything wrapped and ready to go, it was so late and we were both too tired to put up the tree, so we saved it for Sunday instead. I normally put up and decorate the tree myself because Josh doesn't have much interest in it, but this year we had a really great time putting it up together! Now all the presents are under the tree and the stockings are stuffed, and I sent out Christmas cards yesterday so I think I am now officially ready for the holidays! Hope you all have had a good time creating holiday memories as well!

Supplies are ready for wrapping

Presents are ready!

Bringing up the tree:

 The worst part...separating the branches

Ornament time







Plugging in the lights:

 Finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment