Me

Me

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Holidays, continued

Now that it's a month and a half after Christmas, I guess I should finish my update about the holiday! Since Morgan was with her mom for Christmas, we celebrated with Morgan and Josh's parents the Saturday before Christmas. We exchanged presents at their house, and then went out to dinner. I normally take a lot of pictures but I just didn't feel like worrying about the camera, so nothing to show unfortunately. I'm normally really good about taking pictures but just wasn't feeling it I guess! But we had a great time and everyone got lots of great stuff! We had shoes custom made for Morgan with designs from the show Adventure Time. I don't know anything about the show, but she loves it, and Josh's former coworker's daughter hand-draws designs from the show on to Converse sneakers, so we had a pair made for Morgan. They came out AMAZING. Expensive but worth every penny, and she LOVED them. She doesn't even want to wear them, which is fine with me because I don't want them to get dirty or have the artwork run if it rains. But it was definitely her favorite present, which made us really happy! Now that she's getting older, it's harder and harder to come up with presents for her besides just money and gift cards, so I was glad that was a success. Then on the actual holiday itself, we went with his parents for lunch at Benihana's. Nothing like a delicious Japanese steakhouse dinner to celebrate Christmas! Josh went to the movies with his parents after lunch, but I was already tired of all the decorations, so I ended up going home and getting everything put away. Generally I wait until New Year's, but I was ready this year lol!

The following Saturday, we went down to Beaverdam to celebrate Christmas with my parents, my brother, and my sister-in-law. We had a delicious lunch, talked, and opened presents. It's nice having family so close that we get to celebrate the holidays with everyone.

 Family picture:
 

That's about it for the holidays this year. Nothing too exciting but we had a great time celebrating with both families. We ended the 2013 year with dinner at Sansui, a Japanese steakhouse, with a bunch of friends from work. We had a really great time, although two mixed drinks and two tequila shots did me in quick, so I was passed out before the clock even struck midnight. I wanted to see the ball drop but didn't quite make it! Maybe next year. But I'm hoping 2014 will be a great year. This is the year of the big 3-0, so I'm ready to make it count and get some things crossed off my bucket list!!

No comments:

Post a Comment