Me

Me

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Harpers Ferry

With Fall being my favorite season, I've been itching to do SOMETHING Autumn-related...we couldn't go to the Pumpkin Patch a few weeks ago with the weather being dreary, and last weekend we were gone out of state. So Josh surprised my the other day by announcing that we were going to Harpers Ferry for the day on Saturday! I had never been, but he said it would be the perfect time to go with the leaves changing colors. So we planned to head up there early in the day to have lunch and then walk around and maybe go for a hike. I didn't realize we were literally hiking, I thought it would just be some nature trails, so I probably didn't quite dress for the part, but we still had a great time! Of course we picked a hike that was described as having a difficulty level of "Difficult," as opposed to Easy or Moderate lol! Oh well, might as well dive right into the tough stuff! I made the mistake of not checking to make sure my camera battery was full, so it only had half the life of a full battery, but I managed to get almost all the pictures I wanted, so any others will have to wait until next time. Given the right attire and weather, I would love to go up there every weekend! It was such a great way to get exercise, and a lot of people brought lunch to eat up at the top of the cliff, which I would love to do next time. My poor calves may not agree today though, so our next trip will probably include more browsing the shops and visiting the cemetary, until next Spring when we go back for some hiking. They have a ton of trails there, so we will have a large variety to choose from, and you can usually do either the full trail or just half. We only did half of our trail yesterday, so next time we may give the whole thing a try. The half trail was enough for me on my first time hiking, and I'm not going to the lie, the frozen custard waiting for me when we were done is partly what got me back to town!! In addition to all the trails, they also offer kayaking which we really enjoyed on our trip to Florida, so we would love to give that a try as well. And on the way there and back, we spotted a TON of vineyards that we really want to visit, so we have lots of excursions we can plan for future weekends.































No comments:

Post a Comment