Me

Me

Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to school!

Last night was Morgan's back to school night...not only the beginning of her 8th grade year, but the beginning of her last year at the school she has attended since she was about 3 years old! It's a private school that used to go through 12th grade, but they had too few high schoolers so a couple of years ago they decided to end the school at 8th grade. So she is now the most senior of the school! She has most of the same teachers which is good, because she already knows them. Her first day is Monday, and she is ready to go with her school supplies and everything to deck out her locker! I cannot believe she is already in eighth grade; when I met her, she was 3 and a half years ago, and I think was in 3-year-old preschool. Time really flies, that's for sure. All of you with babies and little kids, hold on to this time because before you know it, you'll be sending them off to college!!

I have to admit, I miss the beginning of school years. After about a month or so, I was ready for vacation again, but my favorite thing was getting all my new school supplies. Fresh new notebooks, the fun sparkly gel pens...and when I was little, the Aladdin pencil box that I thought was the coolest thing ever. And who could forget being so excited to pass out cards and candy on Valentine's Day, and having your mom bring cupcakes for the class on your birthday?? Birthdays don't seem to be quite as exciting when you get older and start wanting to count backwards instead of forwards! So for all of you who have kids starting school next week (or maybe they've already gone back), here's to wishing you a great school year!

Can you believe it's been 7 years since she started her first official grade at this school??




No comments:

Post a Comment