Me

Me

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall is Officially Here!

Fall is officially here, and not a day too soon! I look forward to this season as soon as it ends each year. We started it off yesterday with a day planned in DC, though it definitely still felt like summer at 86 degrees outside! We had tickets to the Nationals-Brewers game, after which Dierks Bentley was going to be performing a free concert. He is one of my favorite country artists, and he was originally scheduled to perform a few months ago but cancelled due to his father's death. We just happened to pick yesterday's game for our half-price tickets, and it turned out to be the day of the rescheduled concert. When we got on to the Metro, it was PACKED. Turns out everyone who wasn't headed to the game (which was QUITE  few people as the Nationals are in the running for the playoffs), was headed into DC for the National Book Festival. Turns out one of the authors that was there signing books was Patricia Cornwell, whose books I really like, and I would've LOVED to have gotten an autographed copy of a book for my mom, who loves them as well. Especially considering the books take place in Richmond, and my old hometown Beaverdam is even mentioned in there once or twice! But unfortunately I didn't know she was there (along with an old favorite R.L. Stine), until after it was over. Anyway, the Metro was definitely packed with those two groups of people! Luckily it was BEFORE everyone had spent hours sweating in the heat!! We got to the game with just a few minutes to spare, and by the time we were only a third into the game, the Nationals were killing the Brewers! Josh was ready to leave by the 3rd inning because it was turning into a blowout and he was already bored haha. We had planned to stay for the concert, then head further into DC to eat at Qdoba for dinner and FrozenYo for dessert, but we ended up deciding to leave halfway through the game in the 5th inning. I am a little bummed about missing the concert....but it was hot and Josh was getting bored lol, so we changed the plan and decided to head back to the metro, and stop at Pinkberry on the way home instead. We had eaten at the game for lunch, and Josh didn't think he would be hungry enough for dinner AND dessert, one right after the other. So we stopped at Pinkberry on the way home, and I was so excited about that because I love the Peanut Butter flavor with dark chocolate crisps on top. Last time we were there I got the chocolate crisps on the Chocolate Hazelnut flavor, which was pretty good but way too much chocolate, I prefer that sweet and salty mix from the peanut butter and chocolate. So we got there, parked, and went inside....only to find that they didn't have the peanut butter flavor anymore!!! Instead they had coconut, which I normally would've been excited about. I love coconut flavored things, and all summer I wondered why they wouldn't have had coconut, since it's a summery flavor. Now, for the first day of Fall they bring that in, and get rid of the peanut butter?? Bummer! But I'm never one to turn down Pinkberry, so I sucked it up and got the Chocolate Hazelnut instead. I think in the Fall they also have a Pumpkin flavor, if so I'll have to give that a try and see how it is :).

Since we didn't go as far into DC as planned, I don't have as many pictures as I normally would, but I have a couple below from the game:




Bryce Harper, my favorite player....and the reason I love lefties ;)
 



One of my favorite parts of the game...these wraps are delicious!!

9-0 before the game was even half over!

No comments:

Post a Comment