Me

Me

Sunday, September 9, 2012

September 2012...so far

September is finally here! That means just a few more weeks until my favorite month of the year. And not just because October is my birthday....believe me, I am in no rush to celebrate my 10th anniversary of turning legal. But with October comes Halloween decorations and pumpkin patches and harvest candle scents. Granted, I usually start early, in September, especially with the Fall decorations, but October makes it all seem official. However, until October is here, we've had a pretty busy September so far, and it's just a week in! Last Saturday, we headed into DC for the Nationals vs Cardinals game. The Nationals scored 6 runs in the first inning alone (if I remember correctly) and we were sure it was going to be an easy win. It was a fairly slow game because it was televised so we had to wait for commercials and whatnot, but the weather was perfect. But we obviously spoke too soon because the Cardinals caught up and ended up beating us 10-9! I couldn't believe it...it was a neck and neck game though, that's for sure, and we had a great time. Afterwards, we took the metro for a couple of stops, then got off and walked about a mile and a half through DC to FrozenYo, a really yummy frozen yogurt place that we like to go to whenever we are in DC and have time. Not only is it delicious and NOT at all expensive (plus they have Deer Park water bottles for 29 cents!), but we are able to avoid the crazy crowds of people leaving the game. So it's a win-win situation. We loooove Pinkberry frozen yogurt, but I do have to admit that FrozenYo has a much larger variety of flavors. It was tough to choose, but I ended up going with Coconut with sliced almonds on top. I think next time I may go with Butter Pecan though, I tasted it and it was pretty delicious as well. Such tough choices in life ;). We spent the rest of Labor Day weekend just relaxing and looking forward to a short work week!

Fast forward to yesterday, which was the bachelorette party for my best friend Regina (Reg)! She is getting married next weekend down in Outer Banks, so we all went out to last night to celebrate her last week as a single woman! Around 3:00pm, the severe thunderstorm warning that was threatening to hit us definitely did, and it was an interesting drive down to Richmond! Torrential downpour, rain going sideways, trees and debris all over the place....and a couple of tornados spotted in Fairfax and Silver Spring. We were worried that the weather might affect our plans for the night, but luckily by 8:00pm the rain had stopped and we were good to go. We kicked off the night meeting at her sister Sarah's house until everyone arrived, then headed out to Reg's favorite Mexican restaurant, Casa Grande. I was planning to take some pictures at the restaurant but with the rain coming down, I thought it was best to leave the camera in the car. So no pictures from the restaurant, but definitely yummy food! Even if I do personally prefer El Azteca in Ashland ;). It was definitely a dividing topic between the group! After dinner, we continued down to Richmond where Sarah had booked a private boat ride around the canal for just our group. We had the radio playing and the Sangria flowing....add games and cake to that, and what more could you want?? We had great time, and hopefully Reg did as well!! Most of the group headed out to the bars afterwards; I unfortunately wasn't able to go but I know they had a great time (not sure how much of it everyone remember!), and I hope Reg had fun celebrating her final week of singledom with her friends!


















No comments:

Post a Comment