Me

Me

Monday, June 3, 2013

Hello, June!

Whew this was a busy weekend....June is finally here!! And it came in with a bang, weather-wise, that's for sure. It was definitely Summer weather on Saturday, even though it's technically still Spring.  We sure took advantage of being outdoors to enjoy it!! I got up Saturday morning and walked up to the gym, did my usual workout but tried to really push myself because Saturday is my one (generally) consistent gym day. I decided to get a pedometer the other day because Josh and I do a lot of walking together, and I do a lot on my own as well, so I wanted to keep track of how many steps I actually take each day. I know 10,000 is the goal you are supposed go for, so I was curious if I actually came near that, on average. After the gym, Josh and I got ready, and headed to Ashburn for lunch and to get Josh's car washed. We went to Finnegan's, an Irish pub; I'd never been before but it was pretty good, and of course Josh can't go to an Irish pub without getting Guinness, so we sat out on the patio while he finished his beer. We came back home and dropped off his car, then walked into downtown Leesburg for the annual auto show. They judge classic cars that are from 1987 and older, and we have a good time walking around and looking at all the different cars. The owners are out there polishing them up, and displaying awards and trophies from various car shows they've entered. We always have a good time, and Josh likes to point out all the cars he would by if he had an unlimited amount of money. He tried to persuade me for one that was about $32,000, but I told him he better hope that car was a comfortable place to sleep lol! We met up with our friends James and Traci and their kids, and had a good time walking around...they have music playing and stores open late and ice cream being sold, it's just a really fun atmosphere. We took some pictures of our favorites and then walked back home.

We got home around 8:30pm, so it was definitely way past dinner time. Josh and I decided to walk into town (Leesburg is kind of divided, in one direction from our house is downtown Leesburg, which is an older part of town where lots of houses have been converted into businesses, that kind of thing, and then there is the newer part of Leesburg in the other direction, with the grocery store and fast food restaurants, etc. It's about a mile from our house to either part of the town). and get some dinner; we went up to the Mexican restaurant so we could sit outside and enjoy the weather. It was about 95 degrees during the day, but cooled off a bit at night so it was perfect for sitting outside. By the time we walked back home, I checked the pedometer, and I was at 29.5 miles of exercise and 18,000+ steps for the day! I couldn't believe it. I didn't wear the pedometer at the gym, but I did check my distance on the bike and treadmill so 21 of those miles were from the gym, but the other 8.5 miles and all the steps were from walking throughout the day. You really do walk more than you realize.

Sunday we got up to go to church but ended up missing it, so instead we decided to walk back into downtown Leesburg to have lunch at a Jamaican restaurant we spotted on Saturday. Unfortunately it ended up being closed on Sundays so we were bummed about that, but just decided to walk into the newer part of town and ate lunch there. We'll definitely go back and try the Jamaican place in the future though. It had started to drizzle at that point, so as soon as we were done with lunch, we hurried to make it home before it started raining! We got there just in time, luckily, but of course within an hour it was bright and shining outside, so we decided to take advantage of it while we could, and walked BACK to downtown Leesburg to visit a wine shop we had also seen on Saturday. We tasted 7 wines total, and had a pretty good time but wow I'm a lightweight, one glass of wine total from those tastings and I could barely stand! Definitely not a big drinker! So once I was able to stand up straight haha, we headed back home because shortly after that we started hearing huge booms of thunder. Sure enough, within minutes of walking in the door, it POURED outside. Bummer for us but we need the rain, and it's time to give Oklahoma a break! We ordered in Chinese and just relaxed for awhile. Around 8:30pm, it had stopped raining so we decided to walk BACK into town and end the night with some yummy Sweet Frog frozen yogurt! All in all, a good day, and a GREAT weekend! And I managed to get in 8 miles of walking and 14,000 steps on Sunday, I just could not believe we walked that much! I was definitely feeling it this morning, that's for sure! I hope you all had a great  first weekend of the summer months, and I'm hoping the weather stays like this for a while!














No comments:

Post a Comment