Me

Me

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Social

I've missed a couple of Sunday Socials lately, so I am ready to get caught up! Here are this week's questions:

1. What is the best trip you've ever been on? Hands down, my honeymoon. We went to Disney World.... Josh and I are huge Disney fans, and we had SO so so much fun. Partly because we were newlyweds, and partly because it was the first trip we'd been on, just the two of us. We enjoyed every single aspect of Disney, and I can't wait until we get to go back for an anniversary trip! I also just got home yesterday from a pretty awesome trip to Cape Hatteras in North Carolina (pictures and descriptions to come)!

Honeymoon:

Cape Hatteras:


2. What is your best idea for a girls' weekend trip? It's hard for me to imagine a girls' trip because I can't picture taking a trip without my husband. But either going on an action-packed weekend to NYC, or a relaxing weekend to a river or beach would be a fun girls' trip, I think.

3. What is your best idea for a couple's trip? Josh and I have a lot of fun going wine-tasting so I think a weekend of winery-hopping would be a good idea. We went to stay at Shenandoah Crossing cabins last year, and went to wineries and Luray Caverns and all sorts of random places, and we had 60-degree temps on Saturday, and snow on Sunday, which made is super cozy. I would love to do that again. Also, visiting Napa Vineyards or something similar in California would be a lot of fun.





4. What is the best vacation on the cheap? Cruises are a lot of fun and not a ton of money; we got engaged on a cruise to Mexico, and the whole cruise itself was $750 per person, which included food as well. The only extra expenses are alcohol, the flight to wherever the cruise leaves from (in our case, it was New Orleans, 2 weeks before Hurricane Katrina hit), and any side excursions when you dock at the different locations. We also took a weekend trip to Baltimore for a Yankees-Orioles series, and only spent about $500 altogether for the hotel, tickets, and food. And when we went to Jamaica, it was about $79 per night at our resort, not bad at all! But next time we'll probably go for an all-inclusive place to stay. We like to spend money but we are also pretty good at planning short weekend trips on the cheap. We aren't picky and don't need 5 star hotels and $200 meals to have a good time!!

On our cruise to Mexico:

Weekend trip to Baltimore:

Jamaica:


5. What is the place you most want to visit? I would LOVE to go to Italy, and Josh wants to as well, especially since he is Italian. I'd also love to go to Spain, and take a cruise on the Mediterranean and visit Greece. And lastly, Josh and I are planning on possibly moving to either Florida or (most likely) Austin, Texas, when we're able to move out of the area, so I'd like to visit Texas at some point before we put down our roots for the rest of our lives!

Sunday Social

No comments:

Post a Comment