Me

Me

Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Recap

This weekend was fairly low-key, but nice! Friday after work, I walked to Wal-mart to pick up a couple of things, and took the long way there and back so I could get as much exercise as possible. I think it ended up being about 4.5 miles total, so I felt a little better about the spinach lasagna I indulged in for lunch! By the time I made it back, Josh had gotten home so we had dinner, watched TV (we like to watch TV series on DVD, and right now we are re-watching all the episodes of 24 in honor of it coming back for a miniseries next Spring), and just relaxed for the night!

Saturday - The day started and ended as a dreary, gray day, unfortunately. Not what you want for a weekend day! Nevertheless, I walked to the gym and did my usual Saturday morning workout - spin class, treadmill, weights, and sauna - and when I left the gym it was still drizzly but it felt great because I was so sweaty from the gym. So I didn't mind walking in the rain for the return trip home! After I got showered and ready for the day, Josh and I headed up to lunch, and then hurried back before it started to pour. I relaxed for a bit and did laundry and watched TV, then once it stopped raining, I decided to walk up to Kohl's, Target, and Petsmart to run errands. I took the umbrella just in case but I ended up not needing it, luckily. And shockingly, the crowds were not bad at all at the stores, considering it was tax-free back-to-school shopping weekend! By the time I finally got home, it was around 7:30pm so we cooked dinner and watched TV, and then I was in bed by 9:30pm because I was wore out from the day!

Sunday - I wanted to get up and go to the gym early in the day, but I was up most of the night with a horrible headache, so I ended up oversleeping once I finally took some Advil around 6:30am. So unfortunately, that didn't happen! But it was my mom's birthday so we had planned to go down to Beaverdam to celebrate with my parents, my brother, and my sister-in-law. We left around noon, and thanks to the wonderful I-95 traffic, we didn't get there until 3pm, but better late than never! We were hoping to arrive about 2pm, but it's always hard to measure ETA when you have to take the interstate. We enjoyed the weather on the patio for a bit, then we headed inside to a yummy meal of grilled chicken, salmon, brats, hamburgers, potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans, corn on the cob, and of course birthday cake for dessert! We had a great time hanging out and watching my mom open presents. We headed back home about 5pm, and as is normal for a Sunday evening, of course we hit traffic once again on the way home! We got back about 8pm, so not too bad at all. I felt like I needed to get a little exercise to work off that birthday cake, so I walked down to the post office to mail some bills, and then decided to walk the long way back home around Leesburg, which took about an hour. It was late in the evening so the weather had cooled off a bit which was nice, but it was also a little scary walking by myself at 10:00 at night, especially with several of the street lights not working! But I survived, thanks to the flashlight app on my phone haha! I do have to admit I *might* have mistaken a tree for someone lurking in the yard and jumped about 2 feet in the air though!! That was about it for the weekend....it was a good one, and now that Monday is over, we're one day closer to the next one!

Meredith, Andrew, me, Josh

My mom opening presents from Andrew and Meredith:

Josh smelling the soaps from Andrew and Meredith:

Opening the big present from my dad:

A new TV!

So excited!


Looking at the photo book I made from the beach trip:

Cake! My dad didn't have a # 2, so he did 6 and two 1s, to equal 62 lol...not 611 years old:

 Blowing out the candles:





No comments:

Post a Comment