Me

Me

Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend Recap

This weekend went by WAY too fast, but it was a pretty good one! Friday after work, I went by the mall to do a little shopping, while I was waiting for Josh to get home. Friday nights have become our official "date nights," although we don't have children (technically I consider our dogs to be our babies though!), so really every night is date night, I suppose. But we take Friday night to go out to a more expensive dinner and dessert, and not allow ourselves to feel guilty for spending extra money or ingesting extra calories! So far we've gone to the same restaurant both Fridays...Firebirds, a wood-fire grill restaurant. Not sure if you all have been there, but it's amazingly delicious. I always get the same thing...the grilled chicken, which is technically smothered in a jack cheese sauce but I get it plain (I can only allow myself to indulge in but SO many extra calories so I try to draw the line somewhere!), and with the steamed veggies on the side. They also have a really good salad that comes with chicken, pecans, apples, and cranberries. I get that if we ever go for lunch. Josh has tried several different steak dishes there, and his favorite is the Blue Cheese steak. Highly recommend the restaurant if you all have one near you! Afterwards, we walk down to Pinkberry for a yummy frozen yogurt dessert! They currently have Peanut Butter back in stock which is my absolute favorite, so I have to take advantage of it while it's there! Next up is Butter Pecan, which I'm intrigued to try, SO LONG as it doesn't replace Peanut Butter! So that was how we spent our Friday night :)

Saturday, we got up and decided to drive out to Reston for lunch at Rio Grande. Not one of my all-time favorite restaurants, but not bad. More importantly, they have outdoor seating and it was a beautiful day, so we wanted to take advantage of it! So we sat outside and enjoyed chips and salsa, yummy chicken tamales for me and beef enchiladas for Josh. Stuffed ourselves silly while we were at it, so when we got home, I decided to continue to enjoy the weather, and walked up to Kohl's and Michael's. I purposely didn't bring any money so I wouldn't be tempted, but I walked around and window-shopped at Kohl's, then went across the street to Michael's. Now that it's getting towards Fall (really feels like it with the weather we've been having lately), the decorations are slowly coming out, which is one of my favorite parts of all the different seasons. So I wandered around Michael's looking at the decorations and smelling the candles, like Pumpkin Spice, Blackberry Cobbler, and Autumn Wreath.  I headed back home once I was finished at the stores, and Josh wanted to walk to CVS so we headed up there. I ended up getting in 6 miles worth of exercise so I didn't feel quite so guilty for indulging in those chips and salsa! When we got back home from CVS, I finished up some laundry and then just watched TV until I fell asleep.

Sunday was pretty similar to Saturday...woke up and got ready, then we headed to lunch at Don Pablo's. I had been craving it, but since they don't have outdoor seating, we had chosen to eat at Rio Grande the day before. However, Sunday was a rainy, gloomy day so it worked out perfectly, although once again, those chips and salsa got the best of me! I used to have amazing willpower and I wouldn't eat a single chip at Mexican restaurants, but I've had trouble finding my motivation lately! I love the chips there though, and the grilled chicken is amazing, so I got that with double black beans on the side. After we were done eating, we came home and watched TV for a bit, then headed out to Manassas to run an errand. We got back home around 6:15pm, so I decided that since it had stopped raining, I might as well take advantage and try to get in some final weekend exercise. So I walked to the post office, the bank, and the grocery store. It was after 8pm when I got home, so as with the night before, I just watched TV until it was time for bed. Went to bed WAY too late, and I definitely paid the price today! Maybe it would be better to hit the hay around 9pm tonight instead of 11pm, seeing as how I get up at 4:00 in the morning!

Overall, it was a nice weekend! I hope you all had a great weekend as well...I know my weekend recaps have been pretty boring lately, but in the upcoming weeks I will have much more to update about, so just hang in there, my loyal readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment