Me

Me

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Why I Started Blogging



Linking up with Neely this week, and the topic is why I started blogging. For some reason, the link isn't working correctly in the picture, but if you click on her name in the first sentence, it will take you to her page. Let's see....I started my first blog during my freshman year of college. My best friends from high school and I were all at different schools that first year (though I sadly continued at a different school while they all reconnected at the same college!), so we all began blogs so we could stay in touch with what was going on with each other's lives. Of course, we kept in touch via AIM as well....I miss the days of AIM, leaving away messages up all day long and changing what was in your profile! I spent forever picking out exactly the right font and color...those were the days! I think I first started with uJournal, then moved on to LiveJournal, and finally ended up at GreatestJournal. I loved coming up with different "icons", which were live avatars. With LiveJournal you could only have 3, but then they came out with GreatestJournal, and you could have unlimited icons for free. I had so much fun re-sizing my pictures into 100x100 so I could make them into icons, and "stealing" icons from the incredibly talented Trina and Mary (Mary was Babycakez....Trina, I don't remember what your username was!). Don't worry, I gave them credit as they requested!! After college ended, I got away from the blogging thing, especially with the arrival of Facebook (and MySpace, for the year or two that it was around!). My friends and I could more easily keep in touch on Facebook, and it was much faster and easier to upload pictures. But I miss blogging, you can only say so much in a status on Facebook, as opposed to entire entries on a blog, and I can explain more when it comes to photo descriptions on here. It's also nice to have an outlet for emotions when you just need to write it out to get some perspective on things in your life. So for those of you who follow my blog, I appreciate it! My life probably isn't too exciting, but I enjoy where I am right now! I don't have as much time or energy to get creative with my blog now as I used to; in college, I stayed up for HOURS until 3 or 4 in the morning changing the template and the colors (I actually figured out the codes for different background and font colors; at the time, I thought I was so smart!), and matching my icons to the season and my moods. I wish I had more of a chance to do that now, but for the moment, this will have to do. So thanks to everyone for reading my blog, because I really enjoy writing it! I'm thinking about taking a step back from Facebook and being more of a silent observer (we'll see if that actually happens), so be sure to check back here if you want to see pictures or hear about anything I'm up to...I'm going to do my best to stay on top of my updating as much as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment