Me

Me

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday Social

Sunday Social


Best summer memory as a kid? We didn't go on a whole lot of vacations or getaways when I was a kid, but since we only lived 5 minutes from Kings Dominion, we did go there a lot. I also remember going to Colonial Beach quite a few times with my best friend Regina (Reg), and I remember my favorite visit when we walked up to the McDonald's in town to get McFlurries....I can't believe we did that alone, I think we were only in 4th grade or so...well, maybe middle school by that point, and we nearly killed ourselves running across this incredibly busy 4-light intersection. Then we would spend forever browsing the makeup section, and walk around with our "emergency bags"....these little evening purses I had gotten us that we would keep body spray and powder and lip gloss in, in case we ever quickly needed to make ourselves look and smell good LOL.

Favorite summer drink? I pretty much only drink water, but I do love frozen lemonades, the kind that are slightly slushy, not completely frozen, and I also love pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris.

Favorite summer TV show? I don't watch any shows that only come out in the summer, I tend to DVR shows all year long. I admit that I watch a lot of reality TV, mainly Married to Jonas and Keeping Up with the Kardashians (as much as I trash them, but it's like a train wreck, I can't look away). I also really like The Lying Game on ABC Family. Josh and I tend to buy shows on DVD and watch them that way, so we don't have to wait a week for a new episode. Right now we're re-watching all the seasons of 24 since they are coming up with a 24 miniseries next May.

Best outdoor summer activity? I love going to baseball games in the summer, and walking around DC. We walk everywhere when it's nice out, so I really enjoy that, and we're trying to start riding our bikes soon, we bought them last Fall but haven't had a chance to ride them yet. And just sitting outside at a nice restaurant on the patio, enjoying the summer evening air.

Summer vacation essentials? Cute swimsuit, lots of shorts and tank tops, a good book and/or trashy magazines, and SUNSCREEN! Also a nice pair of sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment